Secure services in GovDC for NSW Government departments
Secure Agility has partnered with Cisco, Rubrik and Pure Storage to offer OurDC4, a modern data centre-as-a-service residing within GovDC.
Australian MSP, Secure Agility, has developed a secure, enterprise and government-grade cloud platform with partners Cisco, Rubrik and Pure Storage. OurDC4 is a collaboration between four partners that delivers a modern data centre-as-a-service for customers across three, Tier 3 data centres. It is ideal for government agencies and enterprises who need application and infrastructure hosting in government-grade data centres. This includes residing within NSW GovDC, meaning it is approved for use by NSW Government departments.
According to CEO, David Abouhaidar, this environment enables Secure Agility “to offer the absolute best of breed technology when government and enterprise clients require cloud-based infrastructure and multi-cloud services. We built three identical environments to ensure we could provide efficiency and simplicity”.
The partners were chosen for their capabilities and complementary services. “For example, the Cisco and Pure Storage FlashStack converged infrastructure enables customers to seamlessly expand beyond their on-premise compute and storage resources into a highly available and high-performance hybrid cloud platform. This is perfect for traditional or modern workloads — such as Kubernetes clusters. Complementing the FlashStack compute and storage architecture, Rubrik (built on Cisco) underpins the recovery capabilities in the environment, and can deliver near-zero recovery times and accelerate application development.”
Products available on OurDC4 include:
- IaaS4: Cloud hosted on-shore with native security and data protection.
- DaaS4: A hosted desktop to reduce management costs and improve access.
- DPaaS4: A data protection service to keep business running in the event of a problem.
- SDwan4: SD-WAN with the choice of Viptela or Meraki solutions.
OurDC4 in detail
A complete and secure DC-as-a-Service that delivers a secure, high availability, predictable cost platform for IT service delivery and digital transformation.
OurDC4 is hosted in the Equinix SY6 and SY7 data centres — both of which are GovDC rated — complemented by a third Equinix data centre for enterprise use. As part of its commitment to secure and robust processes, Secure Agility holds ISO 27001 and ISO 22031 accreditation.
OurDC4 storage and backup platforms provide standard encryption-at-rest. The architecture is designed and implemented with data security as a top priority. Similarly, OurDC4 capabilities extend from securing customer data to providing backup, recovery, archive and replication.
Secure Agility provides a managed service offering, which enables it to complement and enhance existing IT teams. Benefits include:
- Pay-as-you-go pricing and no penalty for expansion and contraction of services.
- Next-generation security that keeps applications online with high availability for individual VMs and a fault-tolerant architecture.
- Cloud edge and burst enabling workloads on demand.
- Geographic separation and redundancy across three data centres, each with identical configurations.
- Advanced security with software-defined infrastructure that does micro-segmentation, a next-generation approach to security deployed at the VM/application level, and infrastructure that enables only approved access to applications.
With the evolution of workplaces into a more distributed architecture — and with organisations supporting work from home, BYOD and multiple SaaS vendors — Secure Agility will be extending the capabilities and product range of OurDC4 to assist customers with securing and protecting their users and data, as well as enhancing collaboration between remote staff.
For more information visit ourdc4.com.au
With increased threat of cyberattacks, attention for data center security is on a new threat...
The RiMatrix NG IT infrastructure platform helps IT organisations drive the digital revolution of...
Accurate data is at the core of the business of government — and any government body is...