Public sector innovation on show in Canberra
The Public Sector Innovation Show is on again, to be held 26 March at the National Convention Centre, Canberra. Now in its fifth year, the show will bring together federal, state and local government agencies and statutory bodies to discuss the critical challenges of achieving a more innovative, transformative and sustainable public sector in Australia.
Supported by eight federal government departments and the Australian Cyber Security Centre, and bringing together more than 800 attendees, the Public Sector Innovation Show is the biggest annual gathering of public sector leaders in Australia.
Stay up to speed with the latest innovations in digital transformation, the future of work, process improvement, and the latest tools and technologies. Take away tangible and practical improvement strategies on how to meet the increasing demand for services and the changing needs and expectations of the population, while maintaining strong fiscal discipline.
We’ve arranged a SPECIAL 50% DISCOUNT for GovTech Review readers — simply use the code GTR50 when registering.
In attendance and giving special keynote presentations, will be three leading international experts:
- Dr M Jae Moon, Department of Public Administration, Director, Institute for Future Government, Republic of Korea
- Jose Clastornik, Executive Director of AGESIC, Government of Uruguay
- Malcolm Harrison, former CEO, Crown Commercial Service, Cabinet Office and Group CEO, CIPS, United Kingdom
Dr M Jae Moon is the Underwood Distinguished Professor of Public Administration at Yonsei University. He has published extensive research on public service reform, including the adoption of e-governance across different branches of the public service.
AGESIC is Uruguay’s e-government and information society agency. Jose Clastornik will explain how the body has made Uruguay a digital leader in the region, and the only country in Latin America and the Caribbean to break into the most advanced cohort of the UN’s 2018 e-government survey.
Malcolm Harrison joined the Cabinet Office of Her Majesty’s Government where he held the role of chief executive officer of the Crown Commercial Service, overseeing an annual spend of more than £13 billion.
Dr M Jae Moon and Jose Clastornik are also representatives of the world-renowned Digital 9.
Special keynote addresses from local leaders will include:
- Prof Peter Shergold AC, Chancellor, Western Sydney University, who will speak on ‘The Future of the Public Sector: Expectations, Challenges and Possibilities’
- Elizabeth Kelly PSM, Deputy Secretary, Innovation, Department of Industry, Innovation and Science, who will discuss ‘Driving innovation to achieve a fit for purpose public sector’
There will be 10 sessions spread across the four themes — management of people, enhancing processes, and employing innovative tools and technologies — followed by a concluding panel discussion for each theme.
By attending the Public Sector Innovation Show, you will:
- learn about the latest developments in government transformation from the high-level presenter line-up;
- uncover tangible and practical tools and strategies to improve the performance of your government department;
- participate in interactive thought leadership discussions with your peers;
- network and benchmark with a broad range of over 800 public sector leaders from across Australia and abroad;
- stay abreast of policy changes affecting public sector governance at a federal and state level; and
- discover the latest leading-edge technology innovations through case studies, live demonstrations and on the exhibition floor.
Make sure you register today to ensure your place. And don’t forget to claim your SPECIAL 50% DISCOUNT as a GovTech Review reader — use the code GTR50.
Acting strategically and encouraging long-term thinking will result in AI-powered conversational...
Tell your own story, interpret your own data, create the lens yourself and, above all else, be a...
The ACT public health system is rolling out new digital technologies designed to improve safety,...