UK releases guide to using AI in government
Available for free download online, the guide outlines the potential benefits as well as the pitfalls for employing AI in government service, along with plenty of short case studies.
The UK’s most recent Industrial Strategy White Paper set AI and data as one of four Grand Challenges, supported by up to £950m in the so-called AI Sector Deal.
To progress the Deal, the government set up three new bodies to support the use of AI, build infrastructure and facilitate public and private sector adoption:
- An AI Council comprising independent members, to provide leadership on implementing the AI Sector Deal.
- An Office for AI, which will work with industry and academia to coordinate and oversee implementation of the strategy.
- A Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation, which will investigate ways to ensure AI development is safe, ethical and innovative.
The UK government has set up two funds to support the development and uptake of AI systems:
- The GovTech Catalyst, to help public sector organisations take advantage of emerging technologies.
- The Regulators’ Pioneer Fund, to help regulators promote cutting-edge practices when developing emerging technologies.
You can download the report here.
How do governments continue to build from the unexpected acceleration in digital transformation...
Australian federal, state and territory leaders have agreed to create an intergovernmental...
The ATO has selected iProov to provide a secure biometric face verification solution for the...