ASCA conference speaker line-up expanded
Internationally acclaimed smart city expert Anna Grau has been added to the line-up of speakers for the Australian Smart Communities Conference in May.
Grau is a strategy consultant at Doxa Innova & Smart, where she specialises in smart city projects and intelligent transport systems.
Grau has participated in several projects related to smart cities and digital transformation of mobility services, including the regional strategy for the Catalan Government and the smart city strategy for the Macau Special Administrative Region.
Currently, Grau is part of the T-Mobilitat PMO to ensure the successful implementation of an integrated smart mobility system in Catalonia.
She is also co-founder and president of Young IT Girls, a non-profit organisation which aims to inspire and empower girls with technology, innovation and engineering.
Other speakers at the conference include:
- Bob Carr, former federal Foreign Minister and former NSW Premier
- Professor Laurie Buys of the Institute for Future Environments, Queensland University of Technology
- Cat Matson, Chief Digital Officer, City of Brisbane
- Garry Hunt, CEO, City of Joondalup
- Luke Smith, Mayor, City of Logan
- Nathaniel Bavinton, Smart City Coordinator, City of Newcastle
- Sergio A Fernández de Córdova, P3SmartCity, New York
The Australian Smart Communities Conference is intended for mayors, government executives (federal, state and local), IT professionals, academics and consultants. Essentially, anyone committed to making communities more livable, more sustainable and more technologically empowered.
The event will be held from 9 to 11 May at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre.
More than four in five Australians expect the majority of government services to be available...
Austrade and Microsoft have announced a new program to help local SaaS solution providers...
A new chatbot co-designed by the Victorian Department of Families, Fairness and Housing and...