Digital Marketplace breaks $2bn mark in six months


By Dylan Bushell-Embling
Tuesday, 28 July, 2020


Digital Marketplace breaks $2bn mark in six months

The Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) has passed the milestone of having contracted more than $2 billion worth of opportunities over the Digital Marketplace, less than six months after reaching the $1 billion mark.

There have now been $2.15 billion in contracts awarded through the digital service procurement portal, with 70% awarded to SMEs.

The procurement portal passed the $1 billion in contracts milestone in February this year, three-and-a-half years after its launch in August 2016.

Since launch there have been 4358 total opportunities listed on the marketplace, with 72 open at time of writing.

According to the marketplace dashboard, there are 334 entities registered to purchase services over the portal, of which 45% are government agencies.

The list includes 101 non-corporate commonwealth entities, 50 corporate Commonwealth entities, 77 state or territory agencies, 76 local governments and 30 from the ‘other’ category.

Of the total opportunities listed up until June, 32% have been open to all, with the remainder open to selected sellers. Meanwhile 68% of opportunities have been for digital specialists, with the top categories by far being software engineering and development (963 opportunities), followed by agile delivery and governance (665 opportunities).

The Department of Defence was the top buyer for the month of June, listing 28 opportunities. This was followed by the AEC (26), then the Department of Agriculture and the Department of Home Affairs (20 each).

Image credit: ©stock.adobe.com/au/William W. Potter

Related News

WA Govt commits $8m for Electronic Medical Record System

The McGowan government has committed $8 million to begin planning for a state-wide Electronic...

NSW Govt unveils strategy for smart places and infrastructure

The NSW Government has launched a smart places strategy, which will incorporate smart...

Web resource launched to teach public sector digital skills

A group of public service digital experts are putting together a resource portal aimed at helping...


  • All content Copyright © 2020 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd