ICDPPC conference program announced
The conference will take place in Tirana from 20–24 October 2019 and will be hosted by IDP, the ICDPPC’s member authority in Albania.
The five-day program includes closed and open sessions, panels, keynote addresses and side events.
Topics to be tackled include:
- Global convergence in data protection law
- Addressing the global privacy challenge of data-driven business models
- Data protection and competition as converging digital regulation
- Accountability — the global bridge to support high standards of data protection?
- Future challenges for data protection authorities and data protection officers
The ICDPPC first met in 1979 and has been the leading global forum for data protection authorities for 40 years. It currently has 122 accredited national protection and privacy authorities as members.
The organisation is chaired by Elizabeth Denham, Information Commissioner of the UK, with an executive committee comprising privacy leaders from a range of nations, including Angelene Falk, Information Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Darwin will comply with best practice in the gathering, storage and analysis of data collected...
The Department of Human Services' second digital forensics lab will support the agency's...
The NSW Electoral Commission will provide qualified reviewers with access to components of the...