Nominate now for the LGIT SA Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2018 Local Government Information Technology (LGIT) SA Awards.
These awards recognise excellence in information technology (IT) and information management (IM) across South Australian local government.
Through this recognition it is envisaged that the overall perceived professionalism of the sector will improve, resulting in increased pride by all local government participants whose valuable contribution to IT and IM often goes unnoticed.
The awards, and the associated stories underpinning them, will also be used as a promotional opportunity to the wider South Australian, and potentially Australian, technology, government and corporate sectors.
This year the LGITSA board has refined the program to include awards that recognise where value is added for our communities, innovation and young achievers. The board has also replaced the metro/rural split with weighting based on the size of the council. To make it easier to enter and articulate the fantastic initiatives that are being delivered, the entry process has been significantly simplified.
The overall aims of the LGITSA Awards Program are to:
- recognise and reward excellence in IT and IM across the state;
- create an aspirational goal leading to the elevation of standards and quality of IT and IM services across local government councils in South Australia;
- create awareness across the sector, state and community of the level of expertise and excellence in local government councils in IT and IM.
The 2018 Award Categories are:
- Infrastructure and Operational Excellence
- Information Management Excellence
- Community Transformation Initiative
- Innovation Initiative
- IT/IM Team of the Year
- Young Achievement Award
A link to the nomination form and further information about the awards can be found via the following link: https://www.lgitsa.com.au/news-events/awards/. Nominations need to be submitted by 3 September 2018.
Lockheed Martin has joined forces with the University of Adelaide to deliver world-leading...
An eHealth luncheon will be hosted by AIIA Queensland Council this month on 19 October.
The program for the Local Government Information Technology SA (LGITSA) conference is now available.