Nominations begin for local government awards
The National Awards for Local Government are now open for submissions.
These awards recognise innovation in the delivery of regional community services.
“Through these awards the government celebrates the ‘best of the best’ local government projects, which range from infrastructure, regional growth and art projects,” said Fiona Nash, Minister for Local Government and Territories.
The Digital Innovation category recognises councils that have implemented effective and innovative initiatives to improve services through digital projects.
Going digital offers many opportunities to deliver beneficial change and reshape local government service delivery. Local governments across Australia have digital strategies in place and are broadening access, system functionality and information to their local communities.
Councils can enter projects that:
- improve customer service delivery;
- apply new technologies that change the way local government does its business;
- engage innovatively and collaboratively on the development of platforms and systems that allow local government to engage with the community and improve service delivery;
- increase online transactions for the community’s benefit and convenience, and improve access and usability of public information with open data to empower the local community;
- apply advanced business analytics and real-time information on the go to find efficiencies and improve operations; and
- use digital technologies to improve their productivity and efficiency of services.
Other categories include Arts Animates, Boosting Productivity through Infrastructure, Contributing to Regional Growth, Disability Access and Inclusion, Excellence in Road Safety, Innovation to Create More Liveable Australian Cities, Multicultural Australia, Promoting Indigenous Recognition and Youth Economic Participation.
Category winners will be announced in mid-April and the national winner will be announced at the Australian Local Government Association National General Assembly dinner in June.
Nominations for the National Awards for Local Government 2017 will close on Friday, 3 March 2017.
The City of Canterbury Bankstown has been recognised for its work on waste management systems and...
Leading experts in critical communications and public safety will present at Comms Connect...
Atturra has appointed Estelle Ivory to the role of General Manager, Business Applications, across...