Register now for LGITSA conference
The program for the Local Government Information Technology SA (LGITSA) conference is now available.
The theme for the conference is ‘Next Generation: Who’s Driving You There?’, while the drivers of the development of this conference program include:
- The future of technology and information management
- Emerging skills
- Millennials in technology
- Smart problem solving
- New interfaces and realities
Registrations close on Thursday, 11 October. Options are available to attend some, or all, of the two-day event. A group discount is available for members wanting to send four or more participants along. Member councils outside of a 100 km radius of the Adelaide CBD may also be eligible for a $100 subsidy (per participant and excluding GST) to assist with travel and accommodation. For further information and to apply for this subsidy, email email@example.com at the same time as registration.
The program includes the following sessions:
- The Mobility Revolution — Keynote Speaker: Steve Sammartino
- Digital Transformation — A Tale of Two Strategies
- Emerging Innovators Panel
- Building Resiliency: Data Breach Management Using NDB Principles
- ePlanning and the Planning Reforms
- Droning on About Drones
- Review of General Disposal Schedule Local Government Records (GDS 20)
- The Where of the Works — Geospatial Technology
- Smarter Collaboration
- Agendas and Minutes Software
- What Does Smart Mean for Human Habitation — Smart City Projects
- Electronic Signatures
- Connected Communities Panel
- Use of Cloud Based Software as a Service
- So You’ve Decided to Move Buildings — Where Are All Our Corporate Records?
- The Intelligent Workplace — Making Sense of Intranets, Analytics, Chat Bots and Al for Government
- Guest Appearance by award-winning musical-comedy maverick Anya Anastasia
The annual Gala Awards Dinner will be held on 18 October of the conference at the Adelaide Convention Centre. The 2018 award winners will be announced for the following categories:
- Infrastructure and Operational Excellence Award
- Information Management Excellence Award
- Community Transformation Initiative Award
- Innovation Initiative Award
- IT/IM Team of the Year Award
- Young Achievement Award
The Civil Service Operational Excellence Award has been taken out by the GOV.UK team.
A virtual assistant named Sam has been rolled out across the Queensland Office of State Revenue...
The Department of Human Services website has received gold certification from the Australian...